- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
This is the simplest houmous recipe!
- 2x 400g can of chickpeas in salted water (reserve 1 can of chickpea liquid and a few for decoration)
- 4 tsp Tahini
- 2/3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 6 tbsp quality extra virgin olive oil (extra for drizzling)
- 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon juice
- STEP 1Rinse the chickpeas in cold water and tip into a food processor, remember to reserve some of the chickpea liquid. Add the tahini, crushed garlic, lemon juice and 8 tablespoons of the reserved liquid. Turn on the food processor and slowly pour in the oil while it runs.
- STEP 2When the mixture is fully combined and smooth, tip it into a serving dish. Drizzle with some more extra virgin olive oil and decorate with a few whole chickpeas.