FlapJack with raisins
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 9
Crisp, but crumbly perfect FlapJack for breakfast or a simple snack.
- 150g margarine
- 75g caster sugar
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 225g oats
- 60g raisins
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C / gas 4. And line and grease a square tin. Around 6" by 6". But it can be bigger but you'll have a slightly thinner flapjack
- STEP 2Melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup over a medium-low heat making sure not to boil it.
- STEP 3Add the oats and the raisins to the butter mixture and stir thoroughly.
- STEP 4Once fully mixed together pour the mixture into the tin and press and flattern with the back of a spoon.
- STEP 5Cook at 180/ gas 4 for 15 minutes then reduce the heat to 160/ gas 3 for a further 10 minutes. If the FlapJack seems too moist by look just watch it for a few extra minutes.
- STEP 6Remove from the oven and cook in the tin for 15-20 minutes then remove. Let cool fully on the grease proof paper then cut into any sizes squares you want and serve.