Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Farm Fresh Spicy Nachos Wedges
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 6
If you want to really pack a punch then serve up a dish full of GreenVale Farm Fresh Spicy Nachos Wedges. These chunky wedges are loaded with the tastes of Mexico including smoky paprika, hot chilli, cumin and as many jalapenos as you dare! Per portion: 348 calories, 10.6g protein, 41.9g carbohydrate, 16.5g fat, 5.4g saturated fat, 3.4g fibre, 0.65g salt Prep: 15 mins Cook: 40-45mins
- 800g large GreenVale Farm Fresh potatoes
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp each ground cumin; smoked paprika; ground coriander dried oregano;
- 1/2 tsp hot chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250ml tomato salsa - fresh or in a jar
- 75g grated Cheddar cheese
- 2-3 tbsp sliced pickled jalapenos, drained
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 220oC (fan 200oC/Gas Mark 7) Scrub the potato skins then cut each potato lengthwise into 8 wedges and place in a large roasting tin. Toss with the oil and bake for 20 mins.
- STEP 2Mix together all the spices, herbs, sugar, salt and pepper. Remove the potatoes from the oven and scatter over the spice mix, toss to coat the potatoes. Bake for a further 15-20mins or until the potatoes are golden and crisp on the outside and tender in the middle.
- STEP 3Transfer the potatoes to a large heatproof dish, then spoon over the salsa. Scatter over the cheese and chillies, then pop under a hot grill to melt the cheese. Serve hot.