Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
CYPRUS POTATO PIE
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 4
Cyprus Potato, Olive and Goats Cheese Pie for a delicious flavour combination, perfect for lunch or supper served with a salad.
- 3 leeks cut into chunks
- 50g butter
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 sprig of marjoram
- 500g Cyprus potatoes, peeled and chopped into thick slices
- 140g Goats cheese, cut into small chunks
- 500g pack short crust pastry
- 10 green olives, stoned and halved
- 1 egg, beaten
- STEP 1Put the leeks, butter and thyme in a pan, cover and cook over a low heat for about 20 minutes until very soft, stirring occasionally.
- STEP 2While the leeks are cooking, put the potatoes in a pan of cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 4-5 minutes until just cooked.
- STEP 3Drain the potatoes and stir into the cooked leeks then add the olives.
- STEP 4Leave to cool, stir in the goats cheese and season with sea salt and plenty of black pepper. Add the marjoram leaves
- STEP 5Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- STEP 6Divide the pastry in two and roll one of the pieces to the size of a dinner plate. Transfer this to a baking sheet and roll the remaining pastry and any trimmings to around about 5cm bigger than the first.
- STEP 7Pile the filling into the middle of the round on the baking sheet, leaving a 4cm border.
- STEP 8Brush the border with the beaten egg, then drape over the larger piece of pastry. Trim the edges to neaten, then press the sides together with your thumb.
- STEP 9Brush the pie all over with egg.
- STEP 10Bake for 35-40 mins until golden. Leave to rest for 10 mins before cutting into wedges.
- STEP 11Serve with a salad of lightly dressed Cos lettuce.