Beverley Glocks Fajitas
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
These Mexican wraps are versatile, healthy and easy to prepare. www.bellaverde.co.uk
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 chicken breast fillets, skinned
- 200g BellaverdeÃÂ® broccoli
- 2 small red onions
- 1 red pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 large, flat mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp each ground mild paprika
- 1/2 tsp mild chilli powder (omit if required)
- 2 limes
- Guacamole, soured cream and grated cheese to serve
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- STEP 1Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil add the bellaverdeÃÂ® broccoli and cook uncovered for 3 mins. Drain well.
- STEP 2Thinly slice the chicken and finely slice the onions, peppers and mushrooms.
- STEP 3Heat the oil in the frying pan or wok, when hot, add the sliced chicken and stir fry over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until just coloured.
- STEP 44Add the onions and peppers and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until the chicken is just cooked and the vegetables are starting to soften, add the mushrooms and stir fry for 2 minutes
- STEP 5Add the garlic and spices and cook for 30 seconds more. Squeeze 1 of the limes into the frying pan/wok and season with a little salt and pepper and stir-fry for 1 minute. Remove from heat and serve with warmed tortilla wraps.
- STEP 6To make up a fajita place a spoonful each of guacamole and soured cream in the middle of each wrap followed by a large spoonful of chicken mixture (there should be enough of this for 2 fajitas each), lay a spear of BellaverdeÃÂ® broccoli down the centre, sprinkle over some grated cheese, squeeze lime juice over the top, roll up and eat warm.