- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
- 290g butter
- 250g sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate bits
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds (toasted)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- STEP 1In a saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, surgar, vanilla. Let butter melt and then cook, stirring constantly until toffee mixture is dark in colour and very thick
- STEP 2Pour toffee mixture onto a parchment-lined baking tray and immediately top with the chocolate chips. Let sit for 2 mins then spread chocolate all over.
- STEP 3Sprinkle all over with almonds and pecans and some sea salt. Refrigerate until set. (about an hour) Break into pieces.