- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 10
Fluffy and light cheesecake
- 11 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 8 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 2 3/4 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons corn flour (corn starch)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 medium eggs (Separate the whites from the yolks)
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- STEP 1In a medium saucepan, add cream cheese, butter, and milk.
- STEP 2Put it on a water bath on medium heat, stir until mixture dissolves, turn of heat and keep aside.
- STEP 3In a bowl beat the egg yolks and vanilla just until well combined.
- STEP 4Add the warm milk mixture to the egg yolks while whisking.
- STEP 5Sift flour, corn flour, and add to the egg and milk mixture. Mix gently.
- STEP 6In another bowl, beat the egg white with pinch of salt. Gradually add the sugar and keep on beating until you get a stiff peak.
- STEP 7Pour the egg yolk and milk mixture around the side of the egg white, to prevent knocking out air from the egg white.
- STEP 8Fold the egg white and egg yolk mixture gently by a spatula.
- STEP 9Line your baking pan with parchment paper. If using a springform pan, cover the outside with aluminum foil to prevent water from leaking inside the cheesecake.
- STEP 10Pour the mixture in your baking pan. I used 8 diameter baking pan which was 4" high. Tap the pan three times on a table.
- STEP 11Place the baking pan in a larger and deep baking tray. Pour hot water in the large baking tray and let it reach half the baking pan.
- STEP 12Bake in a preheated oven of 150C - 302F, for 1 hour and then increase the temperature to 160C - 320F and bake for another 30 minutes, or until uncooked spaghetti inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- STEP 13Turn off the oven, leave the oven door open a jar for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and remove from the pan. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- STEP 14Refrigerate and serve cold.