Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Tomato and Spinach Spaghetti
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 6
A delicious spicy tomato pasta with a sweet and sour twist.
- 450g Spaghetti
- 1 large onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 bird's eye chilies
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato puree (double concentrate)
- 1 Chicken stock cube (optional)
- 2 tins (400g) chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp Italian dried herbs
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp malt vinegar
- 60g baby spinach (washed)
grated parmesan cheese (for garnishing)
- grated parmesan cheese (for garnishing)
- STEP 1Cook the spaghetti as per packet instructions. Drain and wash with plenty of hot water.
- STEP 2Chop the onion, garlic, chilies and pepper. Heat the oil over medium heat and add the chopped vegetables. Fry until soft and translucent.
- STEP 3Stir the tomato puree into the onions. Add the chicken stock cube followed by the two tins of tomatoes. Add the herbs, sugar and vinegar. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
- STEP 4Add the spinach and let it wilt into the sauce. This takes about 3 minutes. Stir and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- STEP 5Mix the cooked spaghetti into the sauce and serve into individual bowls. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.