Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Parsnip, Paprika and Mustard Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
This soup is highly nutritious while being extremely tasty!
- 450g parsnips
- 1 medium leek
- 1 tbsp oil
- 25g butter
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1.25 litres vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- STEP 1Peel and dice the parsnips, wash and dice the leek. Heat the oil and butter together in a large pan and saute the parsnip and leek for 5 minutes.
- STEP 2Add the paprika, stir well until vegetables are coated, and then cook for a few minutes.
- STEP 3Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil, cover the pan and simmer until soft (approx. 20 minutes)
- STEP 4Liquidise the vegetables, and then add mustard and sugar. Season and then reheat.
- STEP 5Serve while warm with buttered rolls