- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 tspn mixed herbs
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 table spoon tomato puree
- 500g (or pack of) mince
- Veg stock - Knorr
- Lentils / Pulses
- STEP 1Sweat onions in a drop of oil, add mixed herbs and salt, cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- STEP 2Pour in tin chopped tomatoes, heat, then add tomato purée. Cover, simmer, wait for sauce to thicken.
- STEP 3Cook the meat in a separate pan, brown and drain fat.
- STEP 4Add knorr vegetable stock cube to the sauce, cover, simmer for a few minutes.
- STEP 5Add any optional ingredients. Add mince, cook for a further few minutes. Season to taste