Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Simple queen cakes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12-16 cakes
Lovely little cupcakes with cherries in that are pleasing to eat.A simple recipe to do with the kids (They love to lick the spoon).
- 4 ounces of self-raising flour
- 4 ounces of caster sugar
- 4 ounces of sunflower spread
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBS chopped up glace cherries
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius. Then line two 12 hole cake tins with cake cases.
- STEP 2Put the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Sift the flour into the same bowl and crack the eggs into the mixture. Add the copped up glace cherries and then mix with electric whisk.
- STEP 3Divide into cake cases don't fill them up to full because they rise when they cook.Cook for 10 minutes then check them. Cook for another ten minutes or until done. Put on a wire rack to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before eating.