Cinnamon Mini Fruit Cakes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12 mini cakes
This is the easiest foolproof recipe I certainly have used and can be whipped up very quickly. The delicious aroma of cinnamon wafting from the oven definitely makes these cupcakes special...
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 100 g margarine
- 100 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 - 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50 g dried fruit (e.g. raisins)
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to gas mark 6 (200 degrees Celcius) and line a cake tin with cupcake cases.
- STEP 2Cream the margarine and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until soft and fluffy. This should not take long if you are using soft margarine.
- STEP 3Sieve in the flour and add in the eggs. Mix the ingredients together until everything is well combined and smooth.
- STEP 4At this point you can add the cinnamon. Add the desired amount of cinnamon one teaspoon at a time, mixing until you are satisfied with the colour of the mixture. About 1-2 teaspoons gives you the result in the photo.
- STEP 5Add in the raisins or dried fruit and briefly mix to incorporate.
- STEP 6Using two tablespoons, spoon one tablespoon of the mixture into each cupcake case. Divide the mixture equally between all cases, scraping clean each spoon.
- STEP 7Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. These cakes taste light and fluffy hot and denser when cool.