"Mummy salmon" (cheese and breadcrumb baked salmon)
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Known to our household as "Mummy salmon" (after our mum improvised the dish a few years ago), this is a baked salmon fillet with a crunchy, cheesy, herby breadcrumb topping. Best served with boiled potatoes and fresh vegetables. Enjoy!
- 4 salmon fillets
- Herbs (fresh or dried) (any type but avoid rosemary and mint) (more the merrier!)
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 tbs olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon and the juice of half (limes also work)
- 50g parmasan cheese (finely grated)
- 50g cheddar cheese (grated)
- Salt and pepper (to season)
- STEP 1Lay the salmon fillets next to each other inside of a large oven safe dish (we use a glass Pyrex dishe but any should work). Preheat the oven to 200 degrees (180 fan, gas 6).
- STEP 2Zest the lemon and finely chop with the herbs (both fresh and dry).
- STEP 3Using a food processor, turn the bread slices into breadcrumbs. Mix in the lemon zest, herbs, parmesan salt and pepper. Mix in the olive oil and lemon juice.
- STEP 4Poor the breadcrumb mixture over the salmon fillets and grate the cheddar over the top.
- STEP 5Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese has crisped over the top and the breadcrumbs are golden brown. Serve imediataly with fresh vegetables and boiled potatoes.