Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Gluten Free Chocolate Beetroot Brownies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 9 Brownies
Sometimes it’s nice to have a healthier version of a naughty treat, and with my friend being Vegan and me being gluten free I thought I’d give this a try to suit both our needs. www.simplybeglutenfree.co.uk
- 1 Can of Kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 250g Cooked beetroot
- 2 tsp Vanilla paste
- 200g All purpose gluten free self raising flour
- 150g Sugar
- 90g Raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 250ml Almond milk
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 180c.
- STEP 2Add the kidney beans and beetroot to a blender and blend until smooth.
- STEP 3Stir in the vanilla paste.
- STEP 4In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar and cacao powder together.
- STEP 5Pour in the bean and beetroot mix and combine.
- STEP 6Melt the coconut oil in a pan and then add to mix.
- STEP 7Add the almond milk and mix all together.
- STEP 8Spoon into a lined brownie tin and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- STEP 9Allow to cool on a wire rack out of the tin before cutting into 9 large sqaures and devouring with your loved ones!