Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 6
Burek from Jamie Oliver (he calls it Bosnian pie)
- 1 pack filo pastry
- 2 bags fresh spinach
- 3 pots cottage cheese
- 150g grated cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- Drop of single cream or milk
- Sprinkle of nutmeg
Oil for brushing
- Oil for brushing
- STEP 1Rip spinach and mix into bowl with cheddar then add cottage cheese, milk or cream, eggs, seasing and nutmeg.
- STEP 2Layer 3 individually oiled filo sheets on bottom of baking dish. Add thin layer of mixture, and repeat until left with 3 filo sheets on top.
- STEP 3sprinkle top later with milk and bake at 200c for 10-15 mins then 180c for 10-15 mins
- STEP 4melt tbl of butter and pinch tsp of salt to 140ml boiling water and drizzle over top layer then let stand for 5 mins.