Moroccan chicken and olive stew with couscous
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion - Finely chopped
- Green pepper - Diced (or use a good hand full of frozen peppers)
- Garlic - Finely chopped
- Ground cumin - 1 teaspoon
- Paprika - 1 teaspoon
- Ground ginger - 1/4 teaspoon
- Cinnamon - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- Chicken stock - 1/2 cup (mix a cube with hot water)
- Canned tomatoes - 400g chopped
- Chicken breast - 340g cut up in to small pieces
- Pitted black olives - 10 halved
- Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
- Chopped parsley - 2 tablespoons (roughly)
- Couscous - Enough for 2 people
- STEP 1Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and cook the onion and green pepper for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic, ground cumin, paprika, ginger, cinnamon and cook, stirring constantly, for another minute.
- STEP 2Add the stock, tomatoes, salt, pepper and bring to the boil. Cover the pot, reduce the heat slightly, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the chicken (make sure the chicken is cooked through) and olives to the stew and simmer, uncovered, for another 10 minutes. Whilst this cooks, prepare the couscous.
- STEP 3Add the lemon juice, parsley and 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the stew. Serve over the couscous.