Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Tuna Pasta dish
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Easy healthy pasta dish. Kcals 430 Fat 8g Salt 0.6g
- 120g wholemeal pasta
- 1 tsp oilve oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled & crushed
- 1 green & 1 red pepper, deseeded & sliced
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 200g tin of sweetcorn
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 185g small tin of tuna, well drained
- 1 tbsp of parmesen cheese
- Basil leaves to garnish (optional)
- STEP 1Cook pasta in boiling water until tender, or follow pasta instructions.
- STEP 2Measure olive oil into large saucepan, place on medium heat, when hot add onion & cook for around 5mins, stirring all the time. When onion starts to brown add crushed garlic & cook for a further 2mins.
- STEP 3Add peppers, tomatoes & mixed herbs. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat & simmer without a lid for about 10mins.
- STEP 4Drain the pasta & add the sauce, add the sweet corn & mix well.
- STEP 5Just before serving, gently stir in the tune, but don't over stir otherwise the chunks will break up too much.