Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Smoky Cheese Shortbreads
- Preparation and cooking time
- 30mins to chill the dough
- Makes 45 biscuits
So easy and so tasty...serve these with drinks and they'll be gone in a flash
- 200g Plain Flour
- 140g Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 100g Vegetarian Hard Cheese (or Parmesan)
- 1/2 Tsp Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Nigella Seeds (pinch)
- STEP 1Mix the Flour, Butter, Cheese, Paprika, Cayenne and Egg Yolk in a mixing bowl. You can do this by hand with a spoon, or with a stand mixer.
- STEP 2Once smooth and well combined, roll-out into a flat rectangle 1-1.5cm thick. Then cover with cling film and allow to rest in the fridge for at least 30mins
- STEP 3When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 160C Fan and line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- STEP 4Remove the sheet of dough from the fridge, and take-off the cling film. Use a 3cm cookie cutter (or a shot glass) to cut circles of dough from the sheet and place on the lined baking tray, leaving space between each biscuit. Greasing the cutter with a little vegetable oil will help the rounds lift neatly out of the dough.
- STEP 5Finally, top each biscuit with just a pinch of Nigella seeds and bake in the oven for 15mins, or until golden-brown. Remove and allow to cool a little before serving.