Banana Muffin Loaf
Member recipe by mommavic
This is a great, simple and easy Banana bread that can be adapted into muffins with no extra effort at all.
- 245g Self raising flour
- 110g caster sugar
- 40g light brown sugar
- 70g raisins
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 115g butter
- 3 medium bananas
- Pre-heat the oven to a moderate heat 160c, Gas mark 3 and grease & flour a standard loaf tin ready
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a bowl and set aside
- Melt the butter and mash the bananas and add to the eggs and vanilla in another bowl.
- Make a well in the dry mix and add in the wet ingredients. Gently stir together until just mixed.
- Add the batter into the loaf tin and level off. Bake in the centre of the oven for 40-50 minutes until golden, it should be moist but springy.
- Leave to cool for 5-10 mins, remove from the tin and serve warm with a side of your choice. Or cool and add a slice to your child's lunch box as a treat.