Refreshing Orange Ice
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 12
No ice cream machine? No problem. All you need is a little time to make freezer ice cream.
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- STEP 1In a saucepan, bring 1 cup water and sugar to a boil, stirring frequently. Boil for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in orange juice concentrate, lemon juice and remaining water. Transfer to a freezer-proof bowl. Cover and freeze until firm.
- STEP 2Remove from the freezer. Beat until blended. Beat in cream. Cover and return to freezer. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving.