Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
French Bread Pizza
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Forget about the freezer aisle! This classic is just as easy to make from scratch. For a spicy kick, add red-pepper flakes.
- 1 soft loaf French or Italian bread, split in half lengthwise
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1/2 cup store-bought tomato sauce
- 1 cup coarsely grated mozzarella (about 4 ounces)
- 3 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil
- STEP 1Position rack in top third of oven and preheat to 425°F. Place bread, cut side up, on a rimmed baking sheet and bake 5 minutes. Remove from oven and rub cut sides with garlic.
- STEP 2Spread tomato sauce on cut sides of bread. Top with mozzarella, pepperoni, and red-pepper flakes, if using.
- STEP 3Bake until cheese is melted and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Top with basil.