Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
victoria sponge cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 1 cake
an easy tasty cake 250g = 8oz
- 250g caster sugar
- 250g self-raising flour
- 250g un-salted butter
- 4 large eggs
- filling: jam, 300g icing sugar, 100g butter
- STEP 1preheat the oven to 180*c Put your butter and caster sugar into and mix it with a whisk until it's nearly white.
- STEP 2Next add in one egg and 1/4 of your flour into the mixture whisk the mixture and do this for the rest of the eggs and flour
- STEP 3get out your cake tin and lay some baking paper in the tin once the cake tin is full put it in the preheated oven (warning get a parent to do this step for you) once your cake is out of the oven put your cake on a cooling rack when your cake is cool cut in half put jam on one side and put your buttercream on the other then put your cake back together enjoy! :-) buttercream mix your icing sugar and 100g of butter together until smooth