Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Very Tasty Crispy Waffles!
- Preparation and cooking time
- cooking time will vary depending on waffle machine
- Makes 4-6 waffles
Tried and tested waffle recipie, light, fluffy crispy waffles everytime! I've tried numerous recipies and most have ended up in a doughy mess stuck to my waffle machine so I have written my own and it has resulted in light fluffy waffles, with a really nice, crispy outer. Not too sweet so you could use savoury toppings, or just eliminate the sugar altogether if you wish. Don't be put off by the thickness of the batter, use a knife to spread it out over your waffle plates to get an even shape. Hope it works for you too!!
- 300 grams self raising flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon castor sugar
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 375 ml milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- STEP 1Firstly switch on your waffle machine to heat it up. Note: all spoon measurements were level.
- STEP 2Put all of the ingredients, except the melted butter, into a mixing bowl and whisk together to make a smooth, thick batter, being careful to make sure there are no lumps. An electric whisk works best.
- STEP 3Melt your butter in a small dish, you will use this to coat the waffle plates to stop the batter from sticking.
- STEP 4Once your waffle machine has reached the correct temperature brush on a little of the melted butter to the top and bottom plates of your machine then carefully spoon the batter onto your waffle maker and spread out with a knife if needed, be careful not to overload the machine. Then follow the instructions on your machine to cook your waffles till crisp and golden. Top with your favourite filling and enjoy!