Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Vegetarian bean stew with a Moorish twist. Quick n easy. Really healthy and low fat. Serve with chunks of crusty or toasted bread. If you can afford the fat, serve with grated cheese but I add a dollop of low fat soft cheese to mine. If you haven't got the beans in the cupboard, any beans will do.
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large courgette, diced 1cm
- 1/3 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 400g Tinned chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin borlotti beans
- 400g tin chickpeas
- 400g tin red kidney beans
- 1 heaped tsp Provencale herbs
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Optional grated cheese or low fat soft cheese
- STEP 1Fry the onion and garlic in olive oil on a medium heat until soft.
- STEP 2Stir in the spices and cook for a couple of minutes.
- STEP 3Throw in everything else, bring it up to a slow simmer and cook for 10mins or more. It doesn't really matter.
- STEP 4Serve with crusty bread, rice, baked potato or whatever floats your boat. Add cheese if you want it (I like grated Mozarella but anything will do.) Enjoy :) Add olive oil if you like it. Enjoy.