Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Warm Chicken Salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Healthy Chicken Salad, perfect for lunch
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Seeds
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 large orange or red pepper, deseeded and cut in to chunks
- 2 little gem lettuce, leaves separated
- 50g/1¾oz watercress, tough stalks removed
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into small chunks
- 2/3 cucumber, sliced
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- STEP 1Slice the chicken into strips and season with salt and pepper. Add the olive oil to a large non-stick frying pan and place over a high heat. Cook the chicken pieces until lightly browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- STEP 2Cook the pepper and sunflower seeds until the pepper is lightly charred and soft, and the seeds roasted.
- STEP 3Arrange the lettuce leaves, watercress, tomatoes, cucumber and pepper on four plates.
- STEP 4Scatter the chicken on top of the salad. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and squeeze the lemon juice over. Season with black pepper and serve.