Vegetable Tofu Fried Noodles
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 4
Colorful flavorful vegetarian dish.
- 2 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 garlic crushed
- 1/2 small red chili sliced
- 1 small can sweet corn
- 1 small can bamboo shoot
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup baby carrots sliced
- 1 head of broccoli chop into small florets
- 1 small Bok Choy ( chines cabbage)
- 1 block extra firm tofu ( chopped into small squares
- 4 tablespoon Tamari or Soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons Vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Arrow root or Cornstarch ( diluted in 1 tablespoon of cold water)
- 3 tablespoons cashew nuts
- 2 eggs
- 1 packet fresh egg noodles
- STEP 1Marinate chopped tofu in 2 tablespoons of Tamari or soya
- STEP 2sauce. Heat oil in frying pan and fry tofu then set aside.
- STEP 3Whisk the 2 eggs, heat oil whisk in eggs and make an omelette. Remove set aside let cool . Then slice into strips.
- STEP 4Wipe clean pan heat oil on high add onions and garlic chili reduce heat add carrots and stock. Cook for 5 minutes.
- STEP 5Add broccoli, bok choy remaining Tamari/Soya sauce, oyster sauce , bamboo shoot and sweet corn cook for 5 minutes bring to boil add cornstarch thickens
- STEP 6quickly. Cook fresh eggs noodles as per instructions place in serving bowl pours vegetable mixture on top.
- STEP 7Place tofu and strips of eggs and cashew and serve.