Spinach and pine nuts Pie
Member recipe by mitrajam
- 4 leeks, trimmed and washed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 500g spinach, washed and roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 200g feta cheese
- 100g roasted pine nuts
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- frozen puff pastry, defrosted overnight
- Heat oven 200/c fan 180C/gas 6 (375F). Cook the leeks in the vegetable oil, gradually add spinach in batches.
- Cook until wilted and most of the liquid has evaporated. Add nutmeg. Let the mixture cool before adding feta and pepper.
- Add the beaten egg reserve a very small amount for glaze. Roll out puff pastry to a rectangular place pastry on baking dish.
- Place the spinach mixture on one half of the pastry sprinkle the roasted pine nuts on top. fold over pastry over mixture until the both ends meet.
- Pinch down on and around the pastry sealing it. Should be a long rectangular shape. Glaze with remaining egg place in oven for 45 minutes. Cut into slice serve with mash potatoes