Almond and Lemon tart
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 6
Simple Tart with this amazing lemon tangy taste complimenting the delicious texture of the almonds
- 8 oz plain short-crust pastry, thawed if frozen
- 2 eggs
- 5 oz icing sugar
- 2 lemons
- 31/2 oz butter, melted
- 21/2 oz ground almonds
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 425F/220C .Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and place in a 8 inch tart dish.
- STEP 2Bake pie shell blind for 10 minutes,until golden brown, remove from oven. REDUCE oven temperature.
- STEP 3Whisk the eggs and icing sugar together in a bowl until
- STEP 4fluffy. Mix in grated rind of 2 lemons, melted butter , ground almonds juice of both lemons.
- STEP 5The consistency will look strange but it will change once cooked.
- STEP 6Pour filling into pastry case bake for 25 minutes, until filling has set. Leave to cool.