Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
very delicious recipe and easy to prepare.
- 1 Medium size cabbage - washed and shredded
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 1tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 2tbsp Olive oil
- 2tbsp fresh green coriander - chopped
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a pan
- STEP 2When hot add cumin seeds and mustard seeds. let them sizzle for 2 seconds
- STEP 3Add the cabbage, turmeric, red chilli powder and salt mix well.
- STEP 4Cook over moderate heat for about 6-8 minutes. Add the lemon juice, cover and cook until cabbage is soft.
- STEP 5Uncover and cook over high heat until all the moisture has dried. Serve hot with Paratha or Naan bread