- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- 30ml Scottish Whisky (Blended or Malt)
- 150ml Double Cream
- STEP 1Add 30ml of whisky to a hot saucepan and set it alight (please be careful, you don't want to set fire to the kitchen, as the flames can get very high). The purpose of lighting the whisky is to burn of the alcohol, otherwise the sauce will be too bitter.
- STEP 2Add 150ml of double cream, season with salt and pepper, reduce the heat and allow the liquid to reduce to a nice thick consistency.
- STEP 3Once the liquid has reduced (usually by half), take it off the heat and pour over the haggis.