Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus cooling
- Serves 12
Banana cake with coffee frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsps baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tsps instant coffee granules
- 2 to 3 tbls milk
- STEP 11. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with bananas and sour cream, beating well after each addition
- STEP 22. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centre comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- STEP 33. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Dissolve coffee granules in milk; add to butter mixture and beat until smooth. Spread over cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.