Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A great way to use up left over turkey from Christmas Day.
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 green pepper finely sliced
- 1 carrot finely sliced
- 100g button mushrooms finely sliced
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 400g cooked turkey
- 1 can bamboo shoots
- 2 level tbsp cornflour
- 2 level tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dry sherry or Chinese rice wine
- 300 ml hot salted water
- Salt and pepper
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the chopped onion, pepper, carrot and mushrooms until softened and slightly browned. Add the cooked turkey and bamboo shoots and heat through for 5 minutes.
- STEP 2Mix the sherry (or rice wine), cornflour, soy sauce and sugar together in a bowl and pour the mixture into the hot salted water. Add the mixture to the saucepan
- STEP 3Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with rice.