ROAST TOMATOES AND THYME
Member recipe by millerwb
- tomatoes (large) 6
- thyme a few bushy sprigs
- olive oil
- garlic 2 cloves
- fresh white breadcrumbs 80g
- anchovy fillets 6
- Set the oven at 180C/gas mark 4.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and lay them cut-side up in a shallow baking dish or roasting tin.
- Remove the thyme leaves from their stems and put them in a small mixing bowl with 80ml of olive oil. Peel and finely crush the garlic cloves and stir into the olive oil with a generous grinding of sea salt and black pepper. Stir the breadcrumbs into the oil with the anchovy fillets, roughly chopped.
- Stir the breadcrumbs into the oil with the anchovy fillets, roughly chopped. Spoon over the tomatoes and bake for 40 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender and the crumbs lightly crisp.