Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus cooling time
- Makes Cookies
An old fashioned delicious crispy and chewy oaty biscuit
- 4oz plain flour
- 3oz rolled oats
- 1oz desiccated coconut
- 4oz butter or marg
- 4oz sugar
- 1 rounded tbsp golden syrup
- 1/2 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp hot water
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 180C/fan 160C. Grease two baking trays.
- STEP 2Mix flour, oats and coconut in a large bowl. Heat the butter, syrup and sugar in a pan until melted and the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir into the dry ingredients.
- STEP 3Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in the hot water and stir into the mixture.
- STEP 4Drop teaspoons of the mixture onto the greased baking trays, well spaced out to allow for spreading.
- STEP 5Cook in the centre of the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until golgen brown and still soft. Leave on the baking sheet for one minute then transfer to a wire rack harden slightly and cool.