Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Sweet corn salsa
- Preparation and cooking time
- Blending. 3-4 mins depending on blender
- Makes 20g
Great and easy to have with any Mexican dish. Very colourful and healthy. U can have it as a dip for crisps or a taco filler.
- 4 corn on the cobs
- Small handful of coriander
- 4 spring onions, VERY finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- Sea salt
- 3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 red pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- STEP 1First, take 2 and a half of the corn off the cob with a spoon or knife and put it in a bowl along with the juice from the limes.
- STEP 2Next, chop the green chilli and remove the seeds with a spoon. Chop all of them into small pieces and put them to the side
- STEP 3Then, chop the red pepper in half and cut out the seeds and core. Then Alice each half in half again and finely chop each quarter and put them to the side.
- STEP 4After that, cut the ends and tops off the spring onions and put them in the bin. Then cut them all into small pieces and mix them in with the chillie and the pepper and put in the bowl with the sweet corn. Also add the finely chopped garlic clove.
- STEP 5Add the tablespoon of olive oil to the sweet corn, lime juice, chilli, pepper and spring onions and stir them together.
- STEP 6Put the olive oil, sweet corn, lime juice, chilli, pepper and spring onions into the blender and blend untill smooth.
- STEP 7Finally, pour the mixture into the bowl to serve. Before u take it to ur guests top off with the final corn on the cobs by scraping them with spook into a bowl and sprinkle on top.