Indulgent Chocolate Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 12
A gloriously rich and indulgent chocolate cake, rather like a moelleux au chocolat.
- 200g butter
- 200g cooking chocolate
- 220g sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 large tbsp plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- STEP 2Melt the butter and the chocolate in a microwave.
- STEP 3Add in the sugar, then the eggs and finally the flour and salt.
- STEP 4Butter a 20cm cake tin (you do not need to line it) and pour in the batter.
- STEP 5Bake the cake for 18 minutes, but check it after 13 minutes. A skewer inserted into the cake should not come out completely clean.