Spicy Bean Soup
Member recipe by 5-bake-girl-5
A spicy, warming soup thats great for everyone to enjoy and simple to make.Great for cold weather lunches.
- For the Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp dried cumin
- 1 tsp dried corriander
- A pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder, plus a little extra to serve
- 2x 420g cans Red Kidney beans in Chilli sauce or red kidney beans
- 400g can chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 Knorr vegetable stock pot or stock cube
- 150ml water
- Handful corriander
- creme fraiche, to serve
- Put the oil, onion and garlic in a large pan and sweat through for 5 mins. Then, off the heat add the chilli powder, cumin, chilli flakes and dried corriander.Stir well and then return to the heat.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, chilli beans, stock pot, tomato puree and half the corriander.Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once simmered, blend with a stick blender until smooth.Add the amount of water required to make a consistency to your liking and stir through the remaining corriander.
- Heat through and serve with a blob of creme fraich and a sprinkling of chilli powder on each. Great with warmed ciabatta.