Mistake banana cake!
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
This moist, sweet and moreish cake, easy and ideal for an afternoon tea was the result of 2 online recipes mashed together (as i realised half way through that i didnt have baking powder so had to just wing it!)
- 140g salted butter softened
- 140g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 3 small ripe bananas mashed
- 250g plain flour
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- STEP 1Flick the oven onto 180c (160c fan) and line a 2lb loaf tin
- STEP 2Cream the butter and sugar until light coloured and fluffy, (i used an electric whisk to get in as much air as possible) Add the eggs with a little flour and mix well again. Fold in the banana pulp, then fold in the remaining flour and bicarb soda until just combined. Do not over mix.
- STEP 3Scoop the mixture into your lined tin, even it out and bung it in the oven, middle shelf for at least an hour.
- STEP 4Skewer test the middle for readiness, and once the knife comes out clean, take the cake out of the oven and let it cool in the tin for 10 mins, then remove it from its tin and let it cool completely before storing. Alternatively once its cooled a little, slice it, butter it up and scoff it down with a fly cup and some of your besties. Enjoy! Xx