Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Fruit Digestive Biscuit
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12 biscuites
A fruit based version of the Digestive Biscuit.
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup currants (small raisins)
- STEP 1Preheat your oven to 190'C (375'F) and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- STEP 2Combine the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Add the oil and water and mix to combine. Add the currants and knead to create a thick, smooth dough.
- STEP 3Roll out the dough on a floured surface, to about 0.5cm thickness. Cut into circles using a cookie cutter or round glass. Bake on the prepared trays for 14 - 16 minutes or until golden brown; allow to cool on the trays before storing.