Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Simple Lentil Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
A very easy recipe for Lentil Soup
- 1 White Onion
- 2 Large Carrots
- 1/2 Turnip
- 2 Celery Sticks (Optional)
- 2 tbsp oil or small knobb of butter
- 300g Red Lentils
- 2ltr - 2.5ltr Ham Stock
- STEP 1Heat up a large pan and add the oil or butter.
- STEP 2Once the pan is hot enough add the Onion, Carrot and Celery which can be cut in whatever shape and size you choose.
- STEP 3Cover with a lid and saute for 5 minutes.
- STEP 4Add in your Lentils, checking packet to see if you need to rinse with cold water first.
- STEP 5Add in the Ham stock, 2 liters at first keeping back 0.5 litres.
- STEP 6Place the lid back on and bring to the boil then turn heat down and simmer for 40 minutes. Stirring every 10 minutes to stop soup sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- STEP 7If soup becomes too thick add in the other 0.5 litres of stock.