Thai Red Chicken
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp thai red curry paste
- 2 tbsp freshly grated and peeled root ginger
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 4 lime leaves
- 225g sweet potato, peeled and diced small
- 600ml coconut milk
- 225g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- jasmine or thai fragrant rice to serve
- STEP 1Heat oil in a wok. Add sliced chicken and stir fry for 5 mins. Add garlic, curry paste, root ginger, tamarind and lime leaves to wok and stir fry for 1 min.
- STEP 2Add coconut milk and sweet potato and bring to boil. Allow to bubble over medium heat for 20 mins or until sauce starts to thicken and reduce.
- STEP 3Add cherry tomatoes and coriander and cook for further 5 mins. Serve hot.