Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 20 minutes
- More effort
- Serves 2
A delicious recipe with a varity of superb tastes and flavors.
For the Rice and Peas:
- 25g butter
- 2 spring onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 100ml coconut milk
- 100g basmati rice
- 14oz can kidney beans
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1/2tsp salt
- 310ml boling water
For the Jerk Chicken
- 2tbsp mild jerk seasoning
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 2-3 tbsp tomoto ketchup (or barbecue sauce)
- i tbsp clear honey
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (skin on)
- 2 tbsp vegatable oil
for the plantain
- 1 large rope plantain (skin removed and cut evenly)
- Sprinkle of salt in a bowl
- STEP 1For the rice&peas,heat the butter in a sauce pan and fry the spring onions gently with the garlic. Dont allow them to brown.
- STEP 2Add the cocnut milk
- STEP 3Stir in the rice, the kidney beans,the thyme,salt and boling water. Stir together then cover with a lid and bring back to boil.
- STEP 4Once boiled, reduce heat&simmer for 20-25 minutes
- STEP 5For the Jerk Chicken, preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas6. Place the jerk seasoning and remaining sauces in a bowl&mix to a paste.
- STEP 6Use a sharp knife to make four/five deep cuts across the skin-side of the chicken breasts.
- STEP 7Brush half the jerk paste with a pastry brush over the chicken.
- STEP 8Brush a baking sheet with1/2 vegatable oil. Place the chicken breasts onto the baking sheet and drizzle with remaining oil. Put in the oven&roast for 25minutes, brush with remanining jerk paste during cooking.
- STEP 9For the last 5 minutes, place the baking tray at the top of the oven to brown the chicken.
- STEP 10Cut the Plantain evenly and put in a bowl, Sprinkle salt and mix softly together. When pan is hot place the plaintain in.