chicken pesto tart
Member recipe by meglam
- 1 zucchini
- 200 g skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp pesto
- 200 g ready-made short crust pastry (or puff pastry if you prefer)
- 3 eggs
- 125 ml sour cream
- 80 g grated cheddar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Roll out the pastry and line a 23-24cm deep flan tin. Line with baking paper and beans, then bake for 10 mins. Remove the paper and beans, then bake for 5 mins more, until the pastry is golden and crisp.
- Cut the zucchini in 0.5 cm slices. Cut the chicken breast in 2 cm cubes. Heat a frying pan and poor in the olive oil. Fry the chicken until it is lightly browned, then add the zucchini. Stir in 2 tbsp of pesto and leave to simmer until the zucchini are glossy.
- Spread the chicken-zucchini mixture evenly over the base of the flan dish.
- Mix the eggs, sour cream and 1 tbsp in a blender and add salt and pepper to taste. Poor the mixture into the flan dish and scatter the grated cheese over it.
- Lower oven to 150C/fan 130C/gas 2 and bake the tart for 30-35 mins or until just set. Remove and allow to cool for 10 mins. Serve with a salad and a glass of white wine.