Hearty Tomato Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- It needs time to cool and warm up.
- Serves 4
This is a quick and simple recipe that you can whip up when you have no time to go down to the supermarket (plus it's a lot healthier than all the sugar you get others!) : D
- 1 large red or white onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 400g/14oz tin plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato puree or ketchup
- a bunch of basil leaves
- 550ml/1pt vegetable or chicken stock
- half tsp salt
- half tsp black pepper
- basil leaves to decorate
- STEP 1Peel and finely slice the onion then put it in a pan with the oil for about 10 minutes until they are soft.
- STEP 2Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.
- STEP 3Let the mixture cool then pour it into a blender until it's smooth. Put it back in the saucepan to warm up before serving.