Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Honey, Dill and Mustard Mayo
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 3
A sweet, comforting condiment with a great mix of tastes. Works great with fish and can be thinned to work as a dressing for salads.
- 10g of fresh Dill, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons of Wholegrain Mustard, extra according to taste
- 3 teaspoons of clear runny honey
- 1 egg yolk
- approx. 150ml of vegetable oil or any other innocuous-tasting oil
- Pinch of Garlic Salt
- Dash of Cider Vinegar
- STEP 1Pop the egg yolk into a bowl and slowly whisk in the oil a little bit at a time, ensuring the oil is completely dispersed before adding more.
- STEP 2After a few minutes the mixture will get fairly thick; add a little bit of cider vinegar at a time and mix to thin the mixture as desired and prevent curdling.
- STEP 3- If your mixture starts curdling despite the vinegar simply fetch a new bowl, pop another egg yolk in it and gradually add your mixture to the new bowl -
- STEP 4Continue to steadily add oil and constantly mix.
- STEP 5Throw in the dill, mustard, honey and garlic salt and mix.
- STEP 6Enjoy!