Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Lovely simple bread
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 4 small breads.
If in a rush or pushed for time, try this quick and efficient recipe to help you out. There is no need to go to the shop anymore! P.S. Homemade is always much nicer :)
- 150g of strong white flour
- 1/2 sachet of yeast
- 1 level teaspoon of salt
- Warm water
- STEP 1Gather all your dry ingredients and put them all into a large mixing bowl.With a fork (or similar) whisk your mix together so they are nicely blended.
- STEP 2In your mix, create a 'well' with your finger and pour a small amount of water in. Then mix and repeat the process again until you get a nice, soft dough which isn't to soggy
- STEP 3Split your dough into four equal pieces. Then make then shape them in any shape you wish. Here are a few ideas: plats, flowers, doughballs etc.
- STEP 4Heat your oven up to 180 degrees and bake until golden brown. To make sure that it is cooked fully tap the base of your bread listen to see if it is hollow , like it should be, or not.