Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A spicy, comforting dish. Best had with steaming hot rice. Very quickly made - about 15 minutes.
- 1 pack (350 grams) extra firm tofu - cut in chunks
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 or 3 green chillies cut in strips
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- A small piece ginger and 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A tbsp vegetable oil
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a non stick pan. Add the garlic. When garlic is beginning to colour, add the ginger and sizzle for about 30 seconds. Add the chillies and then the tomato. Add salt and let the tomato soften. Add the tofu, toss carefully. Add the two soy sauces and pepper. Add some water to create a bit of thick sauce. Move the tofu around carefully and let it heat through with a lid on it for a brief while. Serve with rice.