Apple Muffins (Egg-free)
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 10 minutes preparation, 20 minutes baking time.
- Makes Muffins
- 225 g (9oz) plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder (not needed if you use SR flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 100g (4oz) caster sugar
- 60g (2oz) butter
- 225ml semi-skimmed milk
- 110g (4oz) apple - peeled, cored and chopped. (2 medium apples)
*You could also add other fruits such as sultanas, apricots maybe choc chips for more taste! :)
- *You could also add other fruits such as sultanas, apricots maybe choc chips for more taste! :)
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 180C/gas mark 6.
- STEP 2Grease 12-cup muffin tin or line tin with muffin cups.
- STEP 3Cream together the sugar and butter.
- STEP 4Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into the mixture alternately with the milk.
- STEP 5Fold in the fruit and spoon into muffin cases.
- STEP 6Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.