Quick Veg Curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 15mins to chop the veggies
- Serves 6
Easy mid week supper which uses up any veg in the fridge
- 2 tbsps oil
- 1 medium diced onion
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 500g of chopped veg ( carrot, potato, courgette,peppers, whatever you have in the fridge)
2 tsp of each of these:
- ground cumin, turmeric, ground coriander and chilli flakes
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 pint veg or chicken stock
- 1/2 block of creamed coconut
- 2tbsps tomato puree
- STEP 1Add the oil to a large pan and soften the onion in it.
- STEP 2Add the crushed garlic and the harder vegetables and cook for a few minutes.then add the softer veg and soften, but do not brown them.
- STEP 3Add the spices and cook for another 2-3 mins
- STEP 4Add the chopped tomatoes,creamed coconut and stock.
- STEP 5Cook until it has reduced down and thickened up,then add the tomato puree just before serving.