Member recipe by mazzyb
Enjoy this classic, warming desert guilt-free with custard, and you'll just keep coming back for more!
- 5 heaped tbsp margarine/butter
- 2 heaped tbsp caster sugar
- 10 heaped tbsp wholemeal/plain flour
- 55g oats
- 2 heaped tbsp brown sugar
- 5-6 apples
- 3 tbsp any flavour juice (EG cherry, pineapple etc)
- Splash of water
- Custard to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5/180C.
- Put the butter/margarine, flour, oats and caster sugar in bowl and mix, trying to make a breadcrumb consistency. Try to make little crumbs, but not too small that it is like powdered crumble.
- In a large dish, put the apples in when chopped into little cubes, then add the brown sugar, juice, and splash of water in and mix in the dish.
- When ready, pour the crumble over the top of the apple mixture before putting into the oven to bake for 25-40 minutes, or until apples are soft and crumble is golden.
- Leave to cool, serve with custard, and enjoy!